Articles of Amendment can be filed electronically through Corporations Canada. An Amendment must be filed in order to make changes to the following:
- The Corporation Name*
- The Province or Territory in Canada of the registered office (not required to change the address within the same Province or Territory)
- The minimum and/or maximum number of directors
- Changes to classes of shares, restrictions on transfer, restrictions on the business or any other provisions permitted by the CBCA
All details outlined above can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. A draft will be prepared for review, approval and signature. Changes to share classes, restrictions and/or other provisions should be provided in electronic format (MS Word) for upload to the Corporations Canada online filing system.
*A NUANS Name search and pre-approval will be required for name changes. Not required if the name will be changing to a numbered name.
Adding, removing or modifying a director? See the Notice of Change.
Required information can be emailed.
All information outlined above.
same day (time may vary)
|Federal Articles of Amendment||Filng
|Article filing only||$50.00||$200.00||$6.50||$256.50|
|Article filing with NUANS Name search||$95.00||$200.00||$12.35||$307.35|
|Article filing, NUANS and Name Pre-approval||$120.00||$200.00||$15.60||$335.60|
* The NUANS Name search fee is an additional $45 plus HST.
* If the corporation is changing its name a pre-approval is required and can take up to 5 business days for processing.